Bijgewerkt: jul 6
1. What's your name and where are you from?
Hi, My name is William Robert and I’m from France, Fontainebleau, close to Paris.
2. What do you do for a living?
I do only Mountain Bike, this is my job, I’m professional MTB Rider in Freeride.
3. How long have you been mountainbiking?
I start bike in BMX, I rode a Dirt jump in BMX when I was kid. And I turn to MTB at 17 years old. I start to try some race but it was not what I like to do. The things what I preferred to do was Jumps!
4. When did your love for mountainbiking start and why do you love MTB so much?
When I was kid, I ride bmx with my friends and neighbor. He’s ride motocross bike since his kid for him and sometimes close to our house we build small jumps to ride in a bmx. And at this time, I knew I was going to love biking!
And why now I love MTB, just because I love the sensation, the adrenaline, ride with my friends to have a good session… It’s only good times and now it’s my job!
5. Approximately how often do you cycle per week or per month?
Lot of times haha. When I’m at home, I try to ride my bike 3-4 times by week.
6. How much time a day / a week do you spend on “MTB”?
In time I don’t really know. Maybe 20 Hours or more. I don’t know. I don’t watch, just I like ride my bikes ! Haha.
7. What was your first mountainbike?
My first Mountain bike was a Santa Cruz Bullit. But I don’t have any pics.
8. Which mountainbike do you ride now?
I ride the Norco Shore in Medium size.
9. What is your top 3 of favorite MTB routes/tracks? And which one is really your favorite?
1 - My Home (Because I have big homespot, and I love to spend times here with my friends). 2 – Kamloops (I really love this place, such a cool jumps, Kamloops is beautiful and it’s Canada!)
3 – Evo Bike Park (It’s the best Bike Park in France and they are my friends too, so I like to spend a time there.)
10. What is your favorite mountainbike destination abroad?
I think it’s Canada, the best place for Mountain Bike, so many stuffs to ride there!
11. What is your favorite shop / online store for buying your mountainbike, clothing and accessories?
At this time I’m a professional MTB rider so I don’t go to the shop or something to buy MTB stuffs. And I can’t to promote one ! Haha.
12. What does your equipment look like? What do you always take with you when you go cycling?
My bike first haha. And all mu stuffs, helmet (Bell Helmets), ION clothing and protection. Oakley googles and my GoPro.
13. What advice would you like to give to new MTB’ers?
Never Give up, and when you start bike, you just need to go, step by step !
14. How do your loved ones feel about your mountainbike lifestyle?
They love what I do, they follow me a lot and pushing me in what I do.
15. On which channels can people find you?
William Robert / @william_rbt